… I love you, being my daughter.
Happy 16th Birthday! Since you were born, I couldn’t wait for this day! There’s just something special for a girl, when she turns Sweet 16. I’m not really sure why … even as an adult, I am trying to figure out what’s so “sweet” about being 16. :o) I mean, you’re still in high school (oh what a drag … HA!), your parents still rule the roost, you think you’re an adult, yet, you’re still a child. LOL Ohhhh, I don’t know.
What I DO KNOW, is 16 Reasons Why I Love YOU, being my daughter!
1. You are the kindest person I know, and that’s not an easy feat. I surround myself with kind people, always, yet, you still come out number ONE.
2. You make me so happy, just for being YOU! Don’t ever change.
3. In my opinion, you’re so brave, for being SO honest. It took me a long time to not “sugar coat” things, to not hurt someone’s feelings. You have a way, with your honesty, that I truly admire.
4. I respect you, and your opinion … ALWAYS. Even if I don’t agree, I still hear you.
5. I love that you still like to spend time with me. (Don’t ever stop, even though I may go, go, go … I always have time for you.)
6. You teach me something new, almost daily. (And all these years, you thought I was teaching you!) ;o)
7. You crack me up. I love your sense of humor. Keep laughing, it’s good for the soul. It’s so much easier to be happy, than miserable. Remember, misery loves company, keep steering clear of misery. You’ll be so much happier.
8. I think you’re very good at picking clothes, that YOUR body feels comfortable wearing. These days, it’s easy to get caught up in short shorts, (ridiculous looking) crop tops .. It’s in these moments, that I’m so proud of you, and happy that you listened to me (way back when) when it comes to respecting YOUR body. So damn proud.
HALF WAY THERE!!
9. I LOVE how you love animals. It shows that one day (in the VERY far future), you’ll be a wonderful mother.
10. I love your work ethic. It’s so refreshing to see you (and your brother), working so hard this summer, and saving more than you’re spending. I know that you can now value the worth of a dollar, and how hard you have to work to get the things you want (not need). It’s only going to make you better, as an adult. You will see.
11. ANYBODY, would be lucky to be your friend. You’re thoughtful, caring, loving and MOST importantly, KIND.
12. You have a heart of GOLD, and it radiates through that gorgeous face of yours.
13. You have great instinct. I couldn’t have picked a better boyfriend for you, if I tried.
14. I think you’re meant for BIG THINGS, and by BIG, I just mean … Whatever makes you the happiest to jump out of bed each day, and reach for the stars …
15. Persistence. Maybe something you’ve learned from your step-father, but I do admire it. You are relentless, when it comes to either something you want, or something you’re passionate about, you don’t stop until you’re pleased. It’s an awesome quality to have.
Annnnnnnnnd Drum Rollllllll Please …….
16. I trust you. This trust isn’t just given, it’s earned. You have proven to us that you can be trusted, and that’s MORE than I could have ever hoped for in any of my children, and it’s refreshing to know, that HEY, maybe I (we) have done something right.
Well, it’s not just a maybe … You are proof that good humans still exist, and will exist in the future!! You are an amazing daughter, sister, role model, friend … HUMAN!
Happy Sweet 16, to our very, VERY sweet girl. WE LOVE YOU!